Maintenance of healthy teeth, gums and fresh breath is simple if it is done regularly by using good home techniques and at least 2 visits a year to Griffith Dental Surgery. We can then identify any changes to your teeth or gums and pick up any potential concerns before they have a chance to develop.
Basics of Good Dental Hygiene
- Brush your teeth after every meal with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush for at least two or three minutes every time.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months and after being sick.
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day. Using inter-dental cleaners or dental floss once a day removes food debris and plaque build-up between teeth in areas where a toothbrush is unable to reach.
- Make an appointment with us at least twice a year. These thorough check-ups and professional cleanings lend the way to discovering oral health issues such as tooth decay, gum disease or oral cancer in their early stages, before they can progress further.
- A healthy, balanced diet is important. Avoid between-meal snacks that are high in sugar or are acidic, as they attack the enamel on the teeth and lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Do not smoke.
Click on the following to learn more about how you can keep your teeth and gums healthy: